Monday, June 21, 2010

I need to count my blessings ...

I've been in such a funk lately ... nothing really appeals to me, not on a gut level. No joy. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not depressed, at least not the need-to-seek-professional-help kind of depressed. But I feel like I'm just going through the motions, not really living, just getting by. Have any of you ever felt like that? I just want to pull back for a bit, take some time for myself to give myself a good talking-to. But who has time for that? Then, recently, something got through the fog. I discovered this project a week or so ago and I can't get it out of my mind.I think I need to count my blessings, too, to remind myself that there are some wonderful things in my life. Things to be joyful about. I know in my head that I am surrounded by blessings, but I've lost sight of them. This is what I need a serious talking-to about! So I'm digging out my embroidery floss, scrounging up a piece of fabric to stitch on, and I'm going to start counting. Would you like to join me?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I have felt that many times. It's easy to fall into auto pilot and just do the daily life stuff forgetting to really live the moments. There is so much to be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin