Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Finally playing in my art journal again!

Sheesh! I can't believe it's been 6 months since I last played in my art journal ... I would've guessed maybe only 2 or 3. I think part of it is that I get bogged down with too many ideas to journal about and I can't decide which one to focus on, so in the end, I do nothing. On the other hand, sometimes I know what I want to journal about, but I don't have a prepared page that reflects that, so I get frustrated and do nothing. I've realized that I like having painted backgrounds ready, but if I started collaging elements on them, they get in the way. So from now on I'm going to just paint a few pages ahead, and will wait on adding collage elements until I get to that particular page ... maybe ...

Recently I started journaling again, not quite every day, but almost. I took an online art journaling workshop a few weeks ago that got me back on track. For the class, we used a Moleskin (my first ever!) and I have really enjoyed working in it, though the pages are a little smaller than I like. Now that the class is done, I'm working toward finishing up my first journal before continuing in the Moleskin. I've only got 2 or 3 more spreads to go. Once it's finished, then I'll continuing work in the Moleskin ... or maybe I'll back and forth between it and a new journal I made myself using Kira's easy-peasy journal instructions (love it!) ... I haven't decided yet.

Anyways, these are my most recent pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin