Saturday, June 14, 2008

A whole bunch of new pages in my art journal

I haven't posted for a couple weeks, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been journaling ... I'm glad to say that I am keeping up with it, though still not as much as I'd like. It doesn't help that we do not have a printer right now so when I want to journal something with pics, I can't. But I'm currently working as editor of the newsletter for my quilt guild and when I was picking up the newsletters from the printer yesterday, I had the forethought to bring a page full of pics on a thumb drive for them to print out for me. Now I can't do this every time I want to print something out, but it was nice to get some pics into my journal last night. Depending on how long it takes dh to decide on what new printer to buy, I might be bringing a new file each month along with the newsletter LOL!

Anyways, here are the pages I've done in the last two weeks. The first two are quotes from a book on tape I was listening to at the time.











Then I did this page on a Bible verse that jumped out at me one night.
Here's a page I did after I fainted and hurt myself ... yeah, it wasn't fun, but the page was LOL!The girls and I went to a fishing derby at my parents' and in-laws' church ... I face-painted the kids with my mil, while my girls fished with grandpa. Somebody was going around taking pics of the kids with a Polaroid, so I just had to put them in my journal.Just a fun page where I listed some of the things I love about my girls.This is a page about my Great Aunt Meme who died last weekend at age 96. She was an amazing lady and I just wish I could've spent more time with her. I sketched the flowers that were embroidered on the inside of the lid while the pastor spoke, jotting down verses he mentioned. Then the next morning I created this page.Last weekend was my girls' dance recital ... this page is of the snapshots that I took during the rehearsal. I'm going to save the facing page for when the formal dance portraits come (which will probably not be until the end of summer).

3 comments:

  1. Won't that be nice to see the final dance pics by the rehearsel ones. That's one of the "little" things I picked up in LTJC - that I don't have to plow my way through a book page by page. Why did I ever think I had to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The page for your Aunt Meme is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen your journaling flourish in the past year! I SO admire your work and the scrabble page was fantastic! What type of books do you use?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin