Thursday, May 31, 2007

More art journal pages

Maybe I am on a roll! First I worked on this hair style page ... I've been searching for a long time for the perfect haircut, but trying to describe what I want to a stylist just doesn't work too often. And it seems that when I finally get a stylist that understands, I never see her again. Ah, such is the life of a cheapskate ... I suppose I wouldn't have quite this much trouble if I went to the same stylist every time at a fancy-schmancy salon, but until I win the lottery, that just ain't happenin' LOL! So my sister suggested I get some hairstyle magazines at the drugstore and use them to get a real "picture" of what I'm looking for. I didn't even realize there were such magazines! I thought they only had those huge books that you find in the salon waiting area. So, hey, I learned something new ... always a good thing! Anyways, I started out just turning down the corners of the pages as I found ones I liked, but then realized it would be more helpful to be able to see all of them at once. So a journal page was born! In this second picture, you can see what I did when there were 2 cuts I liked that were back-to-back.Btw, it worked very well! I made this page just after lunch, then took it over to the place I usually go to and when I showed the stylist, she was very happy. She said, "Perfect! We love pictures!" I'm very happy with my new cut. Wish me luck as I try to style it myself tomorrow LOL!

Tonight I worked on this gardening page. I had done the left page last year to map out our garden, and today I journaled on the right about how it had done. I guess I just wanted to prepare myself for this year's garden adventure LOL! Which reminds me ... I need to map out the new garden layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin