Thursday, September 20, 2007

I dream of doing art all day every day

Finished this page this morning. The theme at Blissfully_Art_Journaling this week (#30) is "stripes of life", and we're supposed to tear random strips of magazine pages and do something with them. Well, I didn't do it randomly ... instead, I found this neat pic of a tree with someone hugging it from behind and I cut it into strips horizontally, spread them out on the page, and journaled on the alternating lines. I really like how it turned out!
The girls on the right were already on this page and I thought they'd like sitting near the tree. After gluing down the strips, I was staring at the images, when the thought came "dream a little dream with me". That got me thinking about my dream of being a full-time artist, so that's where the journaling went. We shall see if this dream comes true!

7 comments:

  1. This is a great spread! i dream of doing art all day long too. (sigh) Like your blog and your art. Will have to stop by again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cook way you did the strips. I'm part of AJ2, and it's nice that you have a blog - it seems so much easier to see the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this journal spread - so beautiful! I've been dreaming of doing art all day every day for a VERY long time but haven't seen it realized... yet.. :) For now I guess we'll have to be satisfied with an hour here and there. I'm really enjoying your blog and will stop by again soon! (Also - thanks for your comment over at greenchairstudio.typepad.com!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the title of this post! Your blog is intriguing. Now to go have a deeper look around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and blissful. Is that an image from Vogue magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! This is certainly a popular spread ... seems everyone has the same dream LOL! The girls were taken from a "Free People" catalog. You can request a catalog here:
    http://www.freepeople.com/index.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I live the background colors and the way you have decorated the girls faces. I hope your dream comes true! Wouldn't it be lovely to draw and paint all day?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin