Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Finished an old crochet project

I started this giant granny square afghan back in April, using JoAnn's Sensations Rainbow Boucle yarn. It's worked with 2 strands, one each of orange and green. The green is a variegated yarn ranging from lime green to a deep sage, which resulted in a nice variation in the rounds.

Now, it didn't take me all this time to work on it ... no, really! What happened is that I had only bought one skein of each (they're big skeins with 853 yards each) ... I figured that'd be enough, wouldn't you? When I got to the end of the orange (for some reason, either the orange was shorted a bit, or the green had more), the afghan was not as big as I wanted (would've been a great baby blanket, though). So I went back to JoAnn's to get another orange and kept going ... then when I got further and finished the green skein, it still wasn't big enough. But could I find another skein of the green? Nope! I checked the JoAnn's down the street, several other JoAnn's in surrounding towns (only when I was in the area ... I'm not that nuts ... well, maybe just a little ...), but no more of the green to be found. So for months it's been sitting in a tote bag, unfinished. (Yes, I know I could've bought it online, but I did not want to pay shipping that would cost more than the skein itself ... though I was thinking it would come to that soon.)

But, finally, a skein was found! My good friend and crochet-buddy, Dana, had also been keeping an eye out for the elusive skein whenever she visited a JoAnn's and she found one for me a couple weeks ago at a JoAnn's near her mom's house. So, it's finally finished ... yay! I call it my Tigerlily afghan, because the colors make me think of them. Sorry I can't get a really good picture of it ... there's no good place to lay it out where I can get a decent angle on it. It's roughly 55" square. But you can see that my youngest is happy with it LOL! I'm going to have to finish the ripple afghan soon (yes, I was able to get a replacement hook) so that my girls each have one to curl up in ... don't want no fightin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin