Thursday, December 27, 2007

What I gave for Christmas

Now that most of the Christmas presents have been opened, I can show you all but one thing I made (my side of the family is getting together New Year's Day for our Christmas celebration, so there's one gift I can't share just yet).

For my mom, I made a ripple afghan just like the ones I made for Emily and Abby, only bigger:











Then I made ripple scarves (just five rows of a ripple afghan pattern ... quick and easy!) for my mil (blue and pastels), sil (orange and green) and niece (black and pink):







For my other sil, who lives in Florida so has no need for a scarf, I made some nesting bowls:










I had so much fun making and giving these gifts! Now I'm thinking about some stuff for next Christmas, starting with new Christmas stockings for all 4 of us. I need to start on them now because I know what a bad procrastinator I am ... if I don't start now, I'll find myself this time next year saying I wish I'd made those stockings LOL! So I thought I'd try to make them now and then I can put them away with the Christmas decorations and not have to think about it anymore ... we'll see how that goes ....

2 comments:

  1. nice ripple scarfs! I madea ripple afhghan...it took longer than I expected to finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness... you must know what you are doing with the whole crocheting thing!!! wow!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin