Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Art with a "flourish"

Finally got the next set of pages done on the round robin I'm working on. This artist's theme is "flourish" ... I immediately knew what I wanted to do on the first page, but it was much harder to come up with an idea for a second page. But it's done and already sent on to my mom ... can't wait to see how she interprets the theme!For the left page, I used the technique I learned from Laura Wasilowski a couple years back ... I even used the scraps I had leftover from that class to make the flowers on this piece. For the right page, I fussy cut some designs from a fat quarter I had in my stash, and paired them with some fuzzy ribbon I got off the free table at quilt guild a couple of weeks ago. I embellished both pages with some embroidery, too. Glad they're finally done!

Now onto the next set ... the theme is "Matisse" ... this should be interesting ....

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love round robins and wish there were more participants here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin