Monday, May 15, 2006

Laura Wasilowski workshop

This Saturday, as part of my Mother's Day present from my dh, I was able to take an all-day workshop with Laura Wasilowski, a well-known art quilter and maker of hand-dyed fabrics and threads. She showed us how to create an art quilt with fusible webbing. Included with the workshop was a kit of her fabrics and thread ... it was amazing to see how different everyone's quilt turned out, even though we all started out with exactly the same fabrics. My favorite part was ironing down the grass and making them curvy ... it was so freeing to just cut into the fabric with no set plan ... I LOVE the outcome! This picture shows the quilt top I did ... it rarely happens that I can bring home a practically finished project LOL! I just want to add a little bit more embroidery on some of the flowers and then I can quilt it.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful. I went to Paducah and got this same quilt in a kit. Haven't done it yet. I also got a book that has the same picture in it and also saw her on Simply Quilts last week. I think the fabric is calling me. I have 12 blocks to make first for a challange.
    Jean M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennifer it is beautiful! You did such a great job! And how lucky to take that class from her! I've heard her speak, but never got to take a class! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin