Saturday, July 29, 2006

Studio stuff and a quilt show

We finished the floor Thursday night, before dinner even! It looks great, especially now that all the bits of paper backing are picked up and the floor is cleared of tools and such. I love it! As for the baseboards, I looked all around the garage and couldn't find the sander ... aw, darn .... But the great thing is, when my husband stopped by the store after work Friday to buy a new piece of baseboard to match the old (to go by the closet area), he found some nice baseboards that were already primed and ready for paint, so he bought 2 16' lengths and a pint of bright white paint instead ... when I drove into the garage Friday afternoon and saw them straddled across the garbage cans, I actually squealed LOL! It was too hot to paint them last night, so I got up early today and have already given them 2 coats. They look so nice ... I'm so happy! Now I just have to wait for my husband to get home from work so we can install them. My goal is to have them in by Wednesday in time for my stepmom's afternoon visit. We'll have so much fun organizing all my "stuff"!

Since I can't do anything else with the baseboards until he gets home, my goal for today is to fill out quilt show entry forms. My local quilt guild, the Prairie Star Quilters Guild, is having their biannual quilt show at the end of September, and entry forms must be turned in by August 15th. I need to measure all the quilts I plan to enter and try to remember all the details ... I really need to write this stuff down when I'm actually working on them LOL! Here are the quilts I plan to enter so far:































4 comments:

  1. I love all your quilts! I have great admiration for quilters, because anything that uses a sewing machine scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts Jennifer! You have really covered a wide range in your quilting. Quite the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, your quilts are quite beautiful...best of luck in the show ...I'm glad I am not a judge, it would be difficult to pick a favorite (although, I do like the gate with the doves, and the tree with the cross shadow is a lovely concept...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are amazing! They are like paintings, and so many different styles! How exciting to be nearing the end of your studio re-do, also!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin