Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Easiest apron ever!

Last night, after the kids were finally asleep, I looked through my little stack of apron wannabe's, trying to decide what to work on. I was a little tired myself, so decided to pick an easy one ... a dishtowel that I bought at Target last week. Simply lop off the top two corners, stitch on some bias binding and voila! A cute little apron ... love it! Now, of course, if you know me at all, you know I didn't just "lop off" those corners willy nilly ... I measured first LOL! But it really only took a few minutes to hold it up to me and decide how wide I wanted the top to be (8") and then where the waist should be (even with the bottom of the stem of the center flower). Then I was able to quickly lop off those corners, add the bias tape and have an apron ready to wear ... I didn't check the clock when I started, but I don't think it took me more than 45 minutes tops (and it wouldn't have taken me nearly as long as that if I hadn't had such trouble with the thread ... changed the needle 3 or 4 times before the thread finally stopped breaking!)

So, armed with a $3.99 dishtowel, a $1.59 package of bias tape, and an hour to spare, I now have a cute apron ... easy! Hmmm .... they had a red towel with "salt and pepper" written all over it ... just might have to get it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin