Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yes, another one ...

These dishtowel aprons are just too easy!! Yes, yes, I made another one this morning. A little bit more involved than the last one because this time I used two towels ... but still, very easy. These I got as a pack of 5 on sale for $3.88, so now I have an apron with 3 matching towels ... love it! When I bought them a few weeks ago, I sort of had an inkling of an idea how I was going to use them, but it wasn't until a new friend on the Sewing Aprons Yahoo group (yes, of course, there's a group for this!!) posted a link to this cutie yesterday that the ideas started to come together.

So this morning, I read through the pattern a couple of times, then did it the opposite way. Why? Because the pattern on these towels is directional. If you hold the towel up to yourself, the print is upside down at the top and right side up at the bottom. I wanted the bib of the apron to have the print going right side up, so I had to be creative. I just used the basic concept of the pattern but cut the bib towel instead of the skirt towel ... and then I used the leftover half of the bib towel to make a pocket. I really like how it turned out! I still want to try making the pattern the right way someday, so will look for a towel that doesn't have a directional problem (still thinking about that red "salt and pepper" one I saw at Target ... better get over there before they're gone LOL!)

Hmmm ... I'm amassing a bit of a collection here ... I'm going to have to start thinking about where I can hang these so they're accessible ....


  1. I like your aprons very much - and I like your grid workl too - saw it on I think it was one of the journalling groups - either composition journals...cant remember now - but loved the month grid work...I keep meaning to try to do it, never enough time! lol...

  2. I dropped by to thank you for your comment on my blog - I do find prompts useful for getting me to do something creative, if only as a warm-up for whatever project is on the go. I'm going to stay and have a look at your site. For my class play last term, none of the parents could find aprons for the wives. In the end I made them out of my newest teatowels - I'm so glad to see that it is a real thing!!!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin