Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Need a quick birthday present?

What do you do when a friend invites you to a last-minute celebration that evening for her daughter's 10th birthday? Well, if you're me, you make the birthday girl an apron! This young lady loves all things prairie and so I knew she would love this apron that turns into a bonnet. No problem, right? Free pattern, enough fabric in the stash ... let's get to work. Oops, wait ... the pattern pieces need to be enlarged ... I can't do that here. And I don't have any bias tape that matches the fabric. So, now what? A trip to the nearest toy store? No way! There's a Kinko's down the street and a Hobby Lobby right around the corner ... two trips and I've got what I need ... now I can get busy.

Once I had everything I needed, this apron went together relatively quickly. Only one word of caution ... make sure you get all the layers into the bias tape (trust me!) Here is the finished apron:Happy birthday, Maggie! Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for sharing this! My 6 year old will love it!!! She has been wanting a bonnet!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message. It's nice to meet you.

    Jamin
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/jaminacema

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea - I love the concept

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin