Monday, June 29, 2009

Introducing my mom ...

One thing I did while I was visiting my mom in Florida was help her get her blog, The Artful Diva, going. I'd love for you to visit her and maybe even leave her an encouraging comment. She is an amazing fiber artist ... I want to be just like her when I grow up LOL! One of my favorite places to hang out is her studio. She's got a wonderful fabric stash and drawers and drawers full of fun embellishments to play around with. I spent quite a bit of our vacation in there, working on a quilt for my guild's next quilt show challenge. (I can't show you it just yet, but I LOVE how it came out ... yes, I know I'm being a stinker LOL! I will definitely show it to you as soon as I can.)

I wish we lived closer to each other so we could sew together more often. I enjoyed working on the altered art page thingy with her, but there was one project we did together that was even more fun ... the three-year "I Remember Mama" project. For the second year of the project, they asked for quilts made by multi-generations (mothers and daughters, aunts and nieces, etc.). My mom asked me to work on a quilt with her, and this was the result:I learned a lot from her while we worked on this quilt together! You can see more of her work at her website here. Lots to see!

Thanks for letting me introduce you to one of my most favorite people in the whole world ... I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin