Anyone remember when I started these two Crooked cabin quilts? Yep, that's correct ... three years ago! I should be a card-carrying member of Procrastinators Anonymous LOL!
Anyways, Pat Sloan is having a Finish-It-Up challenge right now, so I thought I'd try to get these done (at least to the "top-is-done-and-just-needs-quilting" stage). When I last posted about these quilts, I had half the blocks put together, waiting for borders, and the other half still sitting while I decided whether to attempt a different setting than the first (it was a doozy!)
Since joining the challenge three weeks ago, I got the second half of the blocks put together. I wanted to do this one differently than the first one, so I added red and green (but not Christmas-y) fabrics to tilt the blocks before sewing them together. Tilting them really made the blocks grow, so this one is 6" wider and 12" longer than the first one!Now I need to get borders on ... and quick, since the deadline for the challenge is this Friday! I'm thinking of doing a thin (1"-1 1/2") border of black on both quilts to contain the blocks, then the red star fabric for the first quilt and the green stripe for the second quilt. But we shall see ....
Btw, if you're interested, you can see other quilts being finished up for the challenge here.